Specifications & Features:
- Power: 680-watt
- Dimensions: Measures 18 by 12-1/5 by 14-7/8 inches
- Weight: 22 pounds
- Programmable bread machine with convection fan adjusts speed and timing for foolproof results
- 16 preset menu options including Low Carb, Gluten-Free, and Artisan Dough settings
- 3 crust colors, and 3 loaf sizes offer over 100 bread, dough/pizza dough, sweet cake and jam choices
- 12-hour delay-start timer
- Power-failure backup
- Audible tone indicates when to add mix-ins
- Recipe booklet included are recipes for Low-Carb and Gluten-Free menu options, as well as a variety of other breads, doughs and jams
- Materials: Smooth Brushed Stainless Steel
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited
What’s so exciting about the Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Pound Convection Automatic Bread Maker?
1. Plenty of Features: One of the best things about the Cuisinart CBK-200 is the number of features that come standard on this little bread maker. The preset menu offers 16 choices including options like gluten-free breads, low carbohydrate, and artisan doughs. This menu gives you enough of the standard choices and some specialty options that will make even the pickiest of eater’s happy. From delicious white and wheat breads to the most complicated of doughs, the Cuisinart CBK-200 is flexible enough to accomplish every single bread on your menu.
2. Convection Fan: The unique convection fan operates within the bread maker to circulate warm air over the crust of each bread. This gives you the option of choosing specific crust coloring, almost like a toaster setting. From a delicious crusty bread to the creation of a soft, chewy loaf, the convection fan brings amazing control to the bread making process. The convection fan allows you to choose the color and texture of each loaf of bread with minimal adjustments to the machine.
3. Artisan Dough Options: The features of the Cuisinart CBK-200 are an excellent choice for the healthy eater. Select the artisan dough option on the preset menu, and the bread maker cycles through several long, cool, and slow rising cycles. This means that your specialty doughs are allowed to rise without the rush of a standard bread making machine. More flexibility is one of the top options of the Cuisinart CPK-200.
4. Timing with Audible Tones: The audible tone timing settings give the Cuisinart CPK-200 more capabilities than most standard bread makers. Settings for audible chimes allow you to time the addition of nuts, seeds, and fruits during your bread making process. Any mix-ins will be added at the optimal time with this handy setting. Along with the audible tone timer comes the option of a 12-hour start delay. This means that you can wake up to the smell of bread baking in your very own kitchen. The Cuisinart CBK-200 also offers a power failure backup feature so that you will not spoil a single loaf.
5. Adjustable Loaf Sizes: Whether you are feeding a large family, planning a party, or just baking for yourself, the Cuisinart CBK-200 offers a choice of loaf sizes. With 3 separate loaf settings, the machine is perfect for any style of baking and any number of bread-lovers.
6. More Features: The 15 minute bake pause option allows you to control the timing of each loaf of bread. A removable non-stick paddle makes cleanup simple and gives you the option of bake-only settings. The Cuisinart CBK-200 allows you to knead your own dough and simply bake the bread within the machine if you feel like a more hands-on approach to bread making. The smooth and classic stainless steel finish makes this bread maker easy on the eyes as well as the wallet. The finish also creates an easy to clean exterior, making it easier to leave the machine on your counter when not in use. The stay-cool handles make it simple to move the Cuisinart CBK-200 to another area of the counter during the baking cycle so that you can continue with meal preparation while you are baking.
What’s not so great about the Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Pound Convection Automatic Bread Maker?
1. Limited Exterior Style: With no other option than the stainless steel finish, the Cuisinart CBK-200 does have a limited style. It would be nice to see this bread maker in an array of colors that are suitable for a more fun kitchen decor. The Cuisinart CBK-200 comes in a metal finish, so if your kitchen is colorful you might not appreciate the styling.
2. Mid-cycle Changes: If you are a serious bread maker, you will probably want more flexibility when it comes to controlling the actual bread dough cycle within the Cuisinart CBK-200. Unfortunately, once you have chosen a particular bread option on the preset menu, you do not have the ability to add an extra dough rising cycle or change the preferences. The expert bread maker might want some more control during the baking process as well.
The bottom line:
For the average bread making family, the Cuisinart CBK-200 is a good buy. It offers the home bread aficionado the flexibility to create almost any type of bread easily and quickly without a large amount of labor. Minimal cleanup time and lots of presets make this bread maker one of the best values for the price. In the world of bread makers, the Cuisinart CBK-200 is a top contender.