The Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer offers some spectacular mixing power at a very affordable price. This little home appliance is a terrific addition to your home cooking appliances or to your professional kitchen. With 9 speeds to choose from, you will not spend your time stuck in a thick bread dough, or rescuing your beaters from that sticky cake batter. Friendly styling and an affordable price make the Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus a great addition to any chef’s workspace.
Specifications & Features:
- Model number: HM-90BCS
- Handheld mixer with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback
- Dimensions: Approximately 8-1/2 by 3-8/9 by 8-8/9 inches
- Weight: 3.1 Pounds
- Available Color Selection: No
- Capacity: Unlimited Capacity, Bowl Not Included
- Mixing Bowl: Not Included
- Simple on/off button
- 1-touch speed control
- Speed Adjustment: 9 Speed with SmoothStart
- 3 low start speeds to prevent ingredients from splattering
- Materials: Brushed Steel, Plastic
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited
- Included Accessories: Dough Hooks, Wire Beaters, Chef’s Whisk, Storage Case and Instruction/Recipe Book
1. Power Switch: The Cuisinart Advantage Power Plus has a unique 1-step power switch with a LED screen that allows you to see your speed setting. This makes the appliance perfect for one-handed operation, giving you a better grip on the mixing bowl during use. The LED screen shows your speed setting and reminds you when you are in the SmoothStart mode, making the Cuisinart Advantage Power Plus a very handy little machine.
2. Easy Portability: Weighing in at less than 4 pounds, the Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus is one of the lightest options in hand mixers. This powerful little machine offers superb storage capability because of its included snap-on case. Place the beaters, whisk and dough hooks inside the case and the appliance snaps right inside. This makes the Cuisinart convenient to carry and easy to store under the counter or in a drawer. The appliance itself is light enough for even small chefs to handle easily, yet offers plenty of power for the tough mixing jobs.
3. Powerful: At 220 watts, this hand mixer has plenty of mixing power. From delicate sauces to the toughest of bread doughs, the Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus can handle anything you might dish out. Many brands of hand mixers come with special instructions warning you away from heavy mixing jobs. Some hand mixers even bind up or overheat in the middle of a tough project. The Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus is the perfect hand mixer no matter what your cooking project entails.
4. Quiet: Although you probably could not make 5 pounds of mashed potatoes without waking the baby, the Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus is exceptionally quiet while it works. The first 4 speeds offer just a slight humming noise and very little vibration during use. The powerful motor is made even better by its SmoothStart capabilities. Using this setting you can avoid slinging potatoes or sauces over your kitchen counter at the start up of the appliance.
1. Dough Hooks: Because the Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus is a hand mixer, those dough hooks can be a bit unwieldy to use properly. In order to take full advantage of the power of this mixer, you will need an extra hand to rotate the bowl while you knead the dough with the dough hooks. This is not a stand mixer, so heavy doughs are the limit of this machine’s power. If you are able to have a friend lock your bowl in place on the counter, you will have better luck with the thicker doughs. This is an issue with any hand mixer that comes with dough hooks, so it may not be a big disadvantage if you are prepared with an extra set of hands.
2. Cord: Although the storage case holds all of the included accessories and the machine itself, it is sometimes difficult to get the cord into the case and close it completely. Placing a bread tie around the cord once it is wound tightly helps to alleviate the problem. Other than the cord difficulty, the storage case offers a nice way to get those whisks and beaters out of your drawers where they tangle with other utensils. The small size of the appliance and its case make storage a dream.
The Bottom Line:
The Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus is an excellent purchase for the busy home chef. If you spend most of your time making bread doughs, you might want to spring for a stand mixer and avoid purchasing this or any other hand mixer. Although the Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus is extremely powerful, it does not offer the stability of a stand mixer. For the average household, this appliance has more than enough power and speed to create the most delicious dishes. The 3 year warranty gives a user plenty of peace of mind and the Cuisinart name is one that is found in most households around the world.
See also: Reviews of Similar Products.