The smart design is ultra-stylish and has a smaller water tank to cut down on size. The illuminated control panel makes navigating the machine a breeze, while the patented single touch hot milk system steams milk quickly and quietly. With three milk selections, two coffee settings, a sliding drip tray and detachable milk container, you’ll enjoy using this machine just as much as it will enjoy making coffee for you.
The DeLonghi Silver Lattissima Plus Nespresso Capsule System really delivers a world of convenience at your coffee-loving fingertips…
Specifications & Features:
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 6.6 x 10.2 inches
- Product Weight: 9 pounds
- Compatible with Nespresso coffee capsules
- Patented single touch hot milk system — Simply slide the milk tank onto front of the machine
- Clean button makes it easy to maintain
- Convenient illuminated control panel buttons allow you to choose your favorite drink with ease, with 3 milk and 2 coffee selections
- Patented coffee capsule system
- Energy-saving with adjustable auto-off timer
- Accommodates latte cups with the unique sliding drip tray
The Great Stuffs:
1. No Manual Preparation: If you love sipping on cappuccinos and espressos but don’t enjoy the manual labor of making them, you’ll love the convenience of the DeLonghi Lattissima Plus. This machine is for use with Nespresso coffee capsules that are designed specifically for DeLonghi machines. All you have to do is select the capsule of your choice, place it in the top of the machine, slide over the milk container to the front and press the one-touch button. Best of all, cappuccinos and espressos taste delicious, so you can impress friends and family without having to do the work. There is a nice selection of capsules that are full-flavored and complete with a foamy layer of crema.
2. Quiet: If you’re tired of waking up the household with your morning espresso, everyone will be able to sleep in with the DeLonghi Lattissima Plus. Since the machine runs off pods, you avoid the need for having to do any tamping or grinding to get your fresh cup of espresso. For many people, the loudest part of making an espresso is steaming the milk, but surprisingly, the Lattissima Plus handles this task discreetly. While it’s not completely silent, the sound is tolerable and will allow you to steam milk even in the wee hours of the morning.
3. Low Maintenance: If you want a low maintenance espresso maker, the DeLonghi Lattisima will fit the bill. The parts are detachable and dishwasher safe, including the milk frother that comes apart and should be tossed in the dishwasher for a thorough clean twice a week. Also, each time you use the milk system, it’s best to do a quick clean by pressing the ‘clean’ button for ten seconds. This cycle blows steam through the milk nozzle to clear out any excess milk. Another feature that makes the Lattissima Plus easy to maintain is the milk container that is detachable and can be filled with milk and stored in the fridge to keep the contents cool. When it’s empty, you can toss the container in the dishwasher as well.
A Couple of Drawbacks:
1. Water Container: To keep the overall size of the DeLonghi Lattisima Plus down, the water tank went down in size compared to other models. This means that you will have to fill the water container more often, especially because you’ll be using it for both making coffee and steaming milk. Fortunately, having a new supply of water on hand ensures its freshness, but people enjoy having one large water tank they don’t have to fill that often. Also, the water tank does not rise to the back of the unit, so you won’t be able to open the container and dump water in. Instead, you’ll have to remove the tank, fill it with water and replace it. The water tank has a handle that makes grabbing it easy, an added perk for this small shortcoming.
2. Temperature: There are some things you have to give up in exchange for convenience, and when it comes to the DeLonghi Lattissima Plus, you’ll have to sacrifice a bit of temperature. When you’re able to make your own espresso, you can control the temperature and have hotter beverages coming out of the machine. Many machines also have a cup warming tray to keep your mug of coffee warm until you drink it. The Lattissima Plus sends out drinks that are warm, but not too hot. Some say the temperature is around 120 degrees Fahrenheit, but this is difficult to assess considering the simple addition of creamer can drive down the temperature. The frothed milk also could be warmer, but for the convenience you receive from this machine, most agree it’s a small price to pay.
The Bottom Line:
The DeLonghi Silver Lattissima Plus Nespresso Capsule System is a smart, practical and affordable purchase for those that enjoy automatic machines. You won’t be able to use your own espresso beans with this machine, but as long as you appreciate the convenience of capsules and don’t mind paying for them, you’ll take pleasure in the quality and ease of this espresso maker. The machine is straightforward and easy to operate, so you won’t need to study a manual to use it. Furthermore, the machine has a nice size and thoughtful design, making it practical for the modern family. To clean the machine has never been easier thanks to the clean cycle and detachable, dishwasher safe parts. For a top-quality machine that brews up delicious specialty coffees, the DeLonghi Lattissima Plus will fit your budget and your lifestyle.