1. One Touch Technology: With the touch of a button, you can brew up the most wonderful espressos, lattes or gourmet coffees. Within seconds, the Jura Impressa S9 grinds, tamps and brews one to two cups at a time, from 1/2 to 16 ounces. There is virtually no wait time in between beverages thanks to the two ThermoBlock heating systems. Once you program the four beverage buttons, you can select your coffee strength, size and temperature for the best tasting espressos all from the push of a button.
2. Center Platform: Instead of having its limitations, the Jura Impressa S9 is an entire coffee-and-espresso center. This dynamic platform allows you to make a never-ending list of specialty coffee drinks such as café lattes and latte macchiatos. The machine is fairly easy to use compared to other machines where you have to do all the measuring and balancing. The Jura Impressa S9 grinds, tamps and brews thanks to the burr grinder and bean container. The stainless steel thermal milk container even keeps milk cold for up to eight hours.
3. Programmable: If there’s one thing you’ll love about the Jura Impressa S9, it’s the programmable options. Instead of fussing through a challenging menu, the machine is fully customizable. The four beverage buttons can be programmed to the size, strength and temperature of your beverage by turning the knob to make your selection. If you want to choose your cup size and strength right before brewing, you can use the convenient a la carte menu instead. If you’re not in the mood for coffee or espresso, use the three hot water temperature options to make a cup of tea. The burr grinder and bean container are also worthy additions that have six fineness settings for both light and dark coffee beans.
4. Energy-Saving: There are many concerns surrounding some of today’s single-serve brewers because they pose an impact on the environment. Not only does the Jura Impressa S9 work without pods or capsules, but also it boasts energy-saving features. The two ThermoBlock systems allow the machine to heat quickly and efficiently without there being downtime in between brewing and frothing. The main power switch avoids the possibility that energy is being drawn when the center is off but plugged in. Along with the programmable selections, you have the option to use stand-by mode to draw in less energy.
1. Expensive: The Jura Impressa S9 is an investment and comes much higher priced than some of the elite espresso makers on the market. You do get a lot of neat perks with this machine such as intuitive technology, a dual heating element and reminders to clean the machine. However, the outside of the machine is still made from plastic, and some owners say that the coffee is less than perfect. The center also requires regular maintenance, to the tune of every three months. Repairs are costly, and the warranty is short, adding to the overall cost of the machine. For those that appreciate everything the Jura Impressa S9 has to offer, they share that you end up saving money in the long-run by not having to purchase specialty coffee brews at $4 a cup.
2. Repair Problems: One of the drawbacks to the Jura Impressa S9 is that it’s difficult to get the machine repaired. There are few repair centers in local areas, which mean you may have to send the coffee-and-espresso center to a repair center, which takes additional time and money. The warranty is only for two years, plus it has its limitations. While Jura is happy to work with their customers during this time period, once the service warranty is up, you will have to foot the cost of the repair, which is around $275 to start. Since the machine is so expensive, you’ll surely want to have it fixed if something were to go wrong. To prevent damages, be sure to clean and maintain your center regularly.
The Jura Impressa S9 is an amazing product that is jam-packed with technology and intuitive controls. It’s certainly an excellent purchase for the enthusiastic coffee and espresso lover, but many people find the machine to be out of their budget. The Jura Impressa S9 is an investment, and some feel that the coffee could be better for the price. However, you do receive a well-built machine that has all the bells and whistles, plus comes with a burr grinder, coffee funnel and ten-ounce bean container. The electronic controls are perhaps the best features as buyers love being reminded when to clean their machine, remove old grinds and more. If you have the cash to spend, this is a wonderful machine that you’ll surely fall in love with.
Jura 13423 Impressa S9 Overview
The Jura Impressa S9 One Touch Automatic Coffee-and-Espresso Center is in a class of its own. This top-of-the-line automatic coffee center is the first and only with a one-touch Latte Macchiato button and with a programmed pause to create its distinctive layers of frothed milk, espresso, and steamed milk.
Unlike simple machines on the market, the S9 is a complete coffee-and-espresso center. The electronic controls remind you when to clean the machine and remove old grinds, while the four beverage buttons can be pre-programmed to the size, strength and temperature of your beverages. With 1250-watts of power, the center is especially fast and efficient, with a dual ThermoBlock heating system, burr grinder and coffee funnel. There are two ways to froth the milk, plus a 20-ounce stainless steel milk container. With energy-saving features, one-touch programming and a graphic display, you’ll find the Jura Impressa S9 to be limitless.
Specifications & Features:
- UL listed for household use
- Pressure: 18-bars
- Dimensions: 15 by 13-1/2 by 14-3/4 inches
- Weight: 26 pounds
- Programmable for coffee strength, cup size, and more
- frothXpress Plus system automatically froths or steams milk
- 14-ounce stainless steel insulated milk container
- Height-adjustable coffee spout
- Electronic sensors that indicate when more coffee beans need to be added
- 96-ounce water tank
- 8-ounce bean container
- Chrome-plated cup storage area
- Adjustable conical burr grinder with six fineness settings
- Separate funnel for pre-ground coffee
- CLEARYL water filter
- Includes a DVD with detailed tips on brewing, frothing methods, and cleaning
- Limited warranty for two years or 6,000 cups, whichever comes first