What’s really exciting about the Sunbeam Heritage is that it’s a powerful hand mixer that rivals more expensive ones on the market. The 250-watt motor coupled with six speeds is what gives this hand mixer more power than you can imagine. This makes it easy to blend through wet and dry ingredients with ease, getting an even mix every time. The purchase includes chrome beaters, dough hooks and whisks as well as a handy stainless steel bowl with a cover.
Specifications & Features:
- Motor: 250-watts
- 6 mixing speeds for blending a variety of food consistencies, from eggs and heavy cream to pudding and thick cake batters
- Chrome beaters
- Chrome dough hooks
- Chrome whisks
- Stainless steel bowl and cover
- Color: Silver
- Product Dimensions: 10.1 x 7.3 x 14.5 inches
- Product Weight: 5.4 pounds
- Includes chrome beaters, dough hooks, whisks and stainless-steel bowl & cover
1. Powerful Mixing: At first glance, you might think that the Sunbeam Heritage was designed for light-duty mixing. Not so. This small appliance is very powerful, and it’s one of the first highlights that reviewers share. In fact, some reviewers find that even the lowest speed setting is too fast. These fast speeds coupled with the 250-watt motor are what constitute the powerful blending. All types of ingredients can be blended to perfection, including eggs, heavy cream, pudding and cake batter. Reviewers have actually been quite surprised to see just how powerful this hand mixer is, considering it’s small and compact size. Yet if you’re not ready to shell out hundreds of dollars on a mixing stand, this hand mixer is the perfect compromise.
2. Features and Value: For the price, you get a lot of neat features with the Sunbeam Heritage. It includes chrome beaters and chrome dough hooks that can be interchanged with ease. The hand mixer also includes a set of chrome wire whisks as well as a stainless steel bowl with a cover. It’s not common that small appliances come with a lot of features, but you definitely make out with this purchase. Also don’t forget the standard amenities that come with the hand mixer, including a Burst of Power feature, one-touch eject button, six speeds and powerful motor.
3. Aesthetic Design: If you’re tired of the traditional white-colored hand mixers that you keep in the drawer when guests come over, the Sunbeam Heritage will be a breath of fresh air. For the same price as any other hand mixer, you get a stainless steel exterior with chrome accessories. The base is not made from stainless steel of course; this would make the mixer much more expensive and heavy to handle. Instead, the base is plastic and painted with a stainless steel finish for aesthetic purposes. You’ll also enjoy the matching bowl with lid.
1. Eject Button: With a handful of accessories available to use with the Sunbeam Heritage, it’s only natural that you would assume that the one-touch eject button would be easy to use. Unfortunately, the button is very hard to press and takes away from the one-touch simplicity of the design. Many reviewers report that the button is so hard to press, you have to actually lie the mixer down and use two hands to eject the beaters. The manufacturer recommends not pressing straight down on the button and instead to pull the button back with your thumb and then press down.
2. Dough Hooks: Although Sunbeam goes out of its way to include lots of accessories with the Sunbeam Heritage, many reviewers have been less than satisfied with the dough hooks. The dough hooks are somewhat thin and not built to last for very long. Another issue is that the internal gears are made from plastic, and if you try to use the mixer for heavy-duty applications, the dough hooks will strip the teeth off the gears and the mixer will no longer work. Think of the dough hooks as a nice addition for the money, but don’t anticipate using them for many yeast recipes.
The Bottom Line:
There are many benefits to choosing the Sunbeam Heritage Series Hand Mixer, with the biggest perks being that it’s affordable, powerful and attractive. It makes a great purchase for casual cooks that don’t need to rely on an ultra-powerful, professional mixing stand. The Sunbeam has all the bonuses of higher-priced mixers, including a 250-watt motor, six mixing speeds and a stainless steel storage bowl. Making the Sunbeam an even better value is the included attachments: chrome beaters, whisks and dough hooks. If you’re in need of a low-priced, attractive, durable hand mixer that offers plenty of value, the Sunbeam Heritage won’t leave you disappointed.
You may also like to read: Reviews of Similar Products.