The Zojirushi Home Bakery bakes up to 1-pound breads and cakes and features a 13-hour delay timer, LCD control panel, viewing window and carry handle. The machine has convenient settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams as well as a quick-bake cycle for those last minute recipes. The purchase includes a nonstick kneading blade and baking pan and carries a 1-year warranty.
If this is your first time shopping for a bread maker, you may want to power up your knowledge by visiting our Breadmaker Buyers Guide.
Specifications & Features:
- Model Number: BB-HAC10
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8 x 12 inches
- LCD control panel
- Carry handle
- 13-hour delay bake
- Quick bake cycle
- Three bread textures – regular, firm and soft
- Crust-control function
- Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan
- Includes: Kneading blade, baking pan, instructional manual, recipes
- 1-year warranty
1. Mini Size: If you’re not prepared to buy an oversized bread machine, the Zojirushi Mini Breadmaker will be the perfect fit. This bread machine is perfect for small families, couples and single dwellers, and you won’t end up wasting bread in the process. You can conveniently fit the bread maker on your countertop, even where space is limited, and you can transport the machine using the convenient carry handle. Best of all, you’re not trading in features or performance for the size of the machine as you can still make all your favorites, including pizza dough, cookies, jams, jellies, pastries and bread.
3. Crust Texture: Most machines allow you to choose your crust shade, but not your crust texture. The Mini Breadmaker gives you this option, offering one more way to customize your bread to your liking. The crust textures include regular, firm and soft, and there is also a crust-control setting that allows you to select the shade of your crust. This is a nice feature for those who can’t seem to get the crust on their bread quite right. The setting also makes it possible to have control over the consistency of the crust so that if you like it firm, it will be that way around the whole loaf of bread.
4. Quiet and High-Performance: Just because the Mini Breadmaker is half the size of a regular bread maker, its power shouldn’t be underestimated. The Zojirushi is consistent with its high-end brand name and can handle all the same functions as its full-sized countertops. The only difference is that the Mini Breadmaker can’t do custom cycles like the larger ones. Nevertheless, the mini machine handles all bread tasks, including stiff wheat doughs that other machines struggle with. The bread maker is also very quiet and won’t disturb the household so that you can wake up to freshly baked bread from the smell alone.
1. Not for Large Families: Although the Zojirushi Mini Breadmaker has a more affordable price tag and a petite design, you’ll be dissatisfied if you’re a large family and try to take advantage of these features. Some people have tried to make this mini bread maker work for their family because of the compact design, only to find that it won’t produce large enough loaves of bread. Simply put, if you consume a lot of bread or want to make more than 1-pound loaves, you’ll need a full-size machine.
2. Not Programmable: Zojirushi is known for producing small appliances that have plenty of programmable features. Their full-size bread maker offers three memory settings under the Homemade setting, for example. The Mini Breadmaker does not have these features, however, and the only thing you can program is the delay bake. This comes as a disappointment to those who enjoy having custom settings on their machine, especially when buying a high-end Zojirushi brand. The Mini Breadmaker is also not recommended for whole-wheat recipes, so you may want to re-think about the purchase and go with a larger machine instead if you like 100 percent whole wheat.
The Bottom Line:
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Home Bakery Breadmaker is the perfect purchase for small families, couples and single dwellers. The Mini Breadmaker is surprisingly powerful; although it does have a few limitations in terms of programmable features. The size is just right, and you can keep this bread machine on your countertop for easy access since it’s no bigger than your blender. It offers custom settings for all types of recipes and a handy quick bake feature that whips up recipes in less than two hours. If you’re looking for a user-friendly, compact bread machine for your needs, the Zojirushi will keep you satisfied.