Overview: The Coleman Evanston 8 Screened Tent has a footprint of 15 feet by 12 feet (including a screened porch, 3 feet by 12 feet) and a center height of 72 inches. This modified dome tent features a large screened porch with a floor (3 x 12 feet), providing protection from insects without having to stay inside your tent.
Four large windows provide excellent ventilation. The Evanston 8 is designed for easy set-up, with continuous pole sleeves, Coleman exclusive pin-and-ring design, and easy-to-use Insta-Clip attachments.
- Weatherproof; Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in;...
- Conventional Pitch: Sets Up in 15 Minutes
- Roomy interior: 15 x 12 ft. With 6 ft. Center height; fits 2 queen-size air...
How is the Coleman Evanston 8 tent as per users review?
As per the user reviews on the official Coleman site as well as on Amazon, Coleman Evanston is quite durable and offers excellent performance. The biggest benefit of this tent is, it is easy to set up and take down as compared with other products that come in this price range.
What is the best 8 persons tent?
Coleman Evanston 8 Screened Tent is the best tent for 8 people. This tent features an impressive design that is fully screened and allows you to enjoy a fresh year while keeping the bugs at bay. This tent doesn’t take much time to set up and offers durable quality performance.
Coleman Evanston 8 Size and Sleeping Capacity:
The tent spec states that this is an 8-person tent, it just means for 8 persons to sleep inside and with NO room for storage of your camping/hiking gears & supplies. If you need additional space for storage purposes, consider buying a tent at least 2 sizes larger. Or, use the Montana 8 for 5 or 6 campers.
Instant Savings For Coleman Tents [Deals]
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in;...
- WIND AND RAIN TESTED: Strong frame withstands 35+ mph winds
- GREAT VENTILATION: Large windows and ground vent for enhanced airflow
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in;...
- Conventional pitch: Sets up in 15 minutes
- Bug-free lounging: 10 x 5 feet full-floor screen room
- QUICK PITCH: Sets up in under 5 minutes thanks to pre-attached poles
- DARK ROOM TECHNOLOGY: Blocks 90% of sunlight so you can sleep in past...
- MORE HEADROOM: 20% more headroom than traditional Coleman dome tents thanks...
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in
- ENHANCED VENTILATION: Integrated rainfly offers extra weather protection...
- BUILT TO LAST: Double-thick fabric stands up to the elements season after...
- Spacious 8-person tent has enough room for 2 queen-size airbeds
- Sets up in 1 minute in 3 easy steps
- WeatherTec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep...
Coleman Evanston 8 Screened Tent Feature & Specs
- Exclusive WeatherTec System guaranteed to keep you dry.
- Fully screened front porch area.
- 4 large windows.
- Modified dome structure.
- Interior gear pocket.
- The front porch and wings provide great outdoor living space.
- Rainfly windows awnings, protection from rain and sun.
- Rainfly for weather protection, mesh roof for more sunlight.
- Easy set up with continuous, color-coded pole sleeves and Insta-Clip attachments.
- Pin-and-Ring design with continuous pole sleeves.
- Easy instructions are sewn into the durable carry bag.
- The carry bag also includes separate sacks for poles and stakes.
- Fly: Polyester taffeta 75D.
- Footprint: 15 by 12 feet (including a screened porch, 3 feet by 12 feet).
- Center Height: 72 inches.
- Mesh: Polyester 68D inner tent.
- Floor: Polyethylene 1000D-140g/sqm floor.
- Poles: 11mm fiberglass.
- Packed size: 27.8 x 11 x 9.8 inches.
- Weight: 26.4 pounds.
- Warranty: Limited 1 year.
Please note: There’s also a smaller tent with exactly the same features and specifications –Coleman Evanston 6 Screened Tent. See the comparison chart below.
Comparison Of Coleman Evanston 6 And 8 Screened Tent
|EVANSTON 6||EVANSTON 8|
|Type||Modified dome||Modified dome|
|No. of Rooms||1||1|
|No. of Windows||4||4|
|Footprint||14′ x 10′||15′ x 12′|
|Screened Porch||4′ x 10′||3′ x 12′|
|No. of Doors||1||1|
|Fly||Polyester taffeta 75D||Polyester taffeta 75D|
|Mesh||Polyester 68D inner tent||Polyester 68D inner tent|
|Floor||Polyethylene 1000D-140g/sqm floor||Polyethylene 1000D-140g/sqm floor|
|Poles||11mm fiberglass||11mm fiberglass|
|Packed Size||28 x 10.2 x 9 inches||27.8 x 11 x 9.8 inches|
|Weight||20.9 pounds||26.4 pounds|
|Warranty||Limited 1 year||Limited 1 year|
Coleman Evanston 8 Screened Tent frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Are Coleman tents any good?
Coleman Tents are well-known in the camping industry and they have a huge base of users from all around the globe. Coleman Tents are of excellent quality and offer long-lasting performance. You can get various sizes depending on your space needs when looking for tents online.
Are Coleman tents waterproof?
Most of the Coleman tents are waterproof. It depends on your budget and the kind of tent that you are looking for. You can certainly find some top-rated camping tents by Coleman that are waterproof.
Who makes Coleman tents?
Coleman Company inc. is a brand that manufactures outdoor recreation products including camping gear. This company is owned by Newell Brands.
How to fold tent Coleman Evanston 8‐person?
You need to remove the tent flap. You can do that by simply unclasping it from the tent pole. After that, just remove the stakes that hold the tent down and open the windows and doors of the tent. After that, you can simply follow the instructions given in the manual to fold the tent.
How to pitch a Coleman Evanston 8?
The Coleman Evanston 8 is easy to set up/pitch. The tent comes with a manual that explains in detail how you can set the tent up in just under 15 minutes. Considering how spacious the tent is, it is probably the easiest to set up than its competitors.