The question of “How are class rings made?” has been on the minds of many grads, but not everyone knows how these beautiful pieces are created. There are many factors to consider, including metals, stones, cost, and size.
To help you make the best choice for a graduation center – official ring – Jostens. Listed below are the various elements that should be considered when designing a class ring. Whether it’s a family heirloom or a special graduation gift, the right class ring can express a lifelong bond and will last a lifetime.
Stans Tips Savings For Class Rings [DEALS]
- MINIMALIST MODERN DESIGN Simple, yet stylish napkin rings are perfect...
- PERFECT FOR ANY OCCASION Napkin rings come in a set of 12 for entertaining...
- FINEST QUALITY MATERIALS Crafted out of natural hardwood to stand the test...
- Stainless Steel, Never Rust, Nickel Free, Hypoallergenic
- 3mm Width, High Polished Stacking, Polished, Comfort Fit
- Encouragement Inspiration Cheer Leading Class School Graduation Occasions
- Includes a total of six napkin rings
- Universally sized for table linens at 1.5 inches
- Covered with gold metallic glass beads
- Great for High School or College Juniors
- Use as a keychain or bag tag to hang on backpack
- Tie onto a gift as a decorative touch when wrapping gifts
- Size: 9.8'' x 7'' (25cm x 18cm). A very suitable size for storage of...
- Bright colors and transparent Windows: there are six colors available for...
- Fixed design of three metal holes: each bag can be stored and stored in...
How Are Class Rings Made? [7 Materials]
Although the options for ring material seem endless, some metals are more popular for making class rings. Platinum, gold, and silver are some of the most popular options, but you can also opt for a white lustrum, an inexpensive metal with similar characteristics.
Its strength, durability, and color make it a better choice than gold or platinum. However, remember that while these metals are popular, they are not as strong as other metals, and you should choose carefully.
When buying a class ring, choosing the right stone for the person receiving it is important. The stone’s color, cut, and style plays an important role in the ring’s overall appearance. In addition to color, the gemstone shows the wearer’s unique style.
Many students choose their birthstone, which is associated with the month of their birth. Choosing a significant and personal stone can help students make an impact.
It’s possible to resize a class ring without purchasing a new one, but it’s important to know what you’re dealing with. Most class rings have a flat top with corner-like “shoulders” that limit ring sizing.
If the ring isn’t adjustable, it can become collapsed and distorted. In such a case, it may be necessary to have the ring resized or repaired.
While the selection is limited, the prices range from $8 to $118, depending on the metal used. You can also customize your class ring with your child’s name and school year for an additional fee.
5. Size range
The size range of class rings can be quite wide, and you should know your ring’s proper placement to prevent misplacement. Generally, class rings are worn on the ring finger of the right hand or the little finger of either hand.
They should be worn with the design facing the wearer, and after graduation, they should be turned around to face outward. Fortunately, most class rings come with lifetime warranties.
Many old-class rings can be found in good condition, and they are priced well, too. For example, one silver/palladium ring has ten grams of palladium, worth $220 at current trading prices, but a user can buy it for just $125.
There are several types of metal class rings. These can be forged iron or copper and often set with beautiful stones. The stones are usually less expensive than the metal and aren’t considered precious. Some rings are plated and can be corrosive, but most are not. Choose the right material to fit your budget.
In conclusion, class rings are a tradition that is often passed down from one generation to the next. They are a way to commemorate your time in high school or college and to show your classmates and friends that you were a part of that community.
If you are thinking about getting a class ring, it is important to do your research and find a reputable jeweler who can create a ring that is unique to you.