Create bakery-style artisan bread right at home in less than an hour. Whether it’s cinnamon-raisin bread in the morning, whole-wheat sandwich bread in the afternoon or buttery dinner rolls to serve with dinner…
Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker is the machine I’m referring to — A basic bread machine that won’t compromise taste or delicacy.
Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker is a good purchase for many reasons. It’s simple and practical, so even if you’re not one to learn new appliances, you’ll still find the Sunbeam to be a nice addition to your kitchen. Not only is the bread machine perfect for making fresh pieces of bread, cakes and jams, but also it can lead to a healthier lifestyle.
StansTips Savings For Breadmakers [Today Deals]
- Two loaf sizes: 1.5 and 2 lbs
- Offers settings for making basic, gluten free, specialty and wheat breads
- Light, medium or dark crusts
- Bread maker capacity: 1.5 lb. - 2.0 lb. Loaf sizes (750 - 900 g); ideal for...
- 12 Digital Programs : Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Quick, Sweet, Ultra...
- Ultra fast setting bakes bread in under an hour
- 1.Just add ingredients to an easy-to-follow recipe,click on a few...
- 2.Value-added-Stylish design and brown blend with any kitchen decor,this...
- 3.15 hours appointment:15 hours long appointment function,make an...
- Our product menu keys & buttons are Chinese version.Considering the...
- View and select the cycle, rubber band and bread size. Use the delay timer...
- Non-stick pan, removable inner pan, easy to clean in the dishwasher. Two...
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound loaves of cakes or breads
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams; quick-bake cycle
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel; viewing window; carrying handle
Many people cook their own yeast-products so they’re gluten-free, and they inadvertently remove the iffy preservatives that are contained in so many of our foods. The Sunbeam bread machine is affordable as well, so you don’t have to break the bank to get started on the right track toward healthy eating.
Sunbeam 5891 Overview
This bread machine is available in a fresh white color and won’t take up precious space on your countertop. It’s very easy to use. With 12 cooking functions, three crust selections and a 13-hour delay bake, you’ll have a world of possibilities at your fingertips. The bread machine also includes an easy-to-read LED display and carries a one-year warranty.
Specifications & Features:
- Large viewing window to monitor the baking process
- 600-watt programmable breadmaker
- Makes 1-1/2- or 2-pound loaves of bread
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 15 x 14 inches
- Product Weight: 18.6 pounds
- Large viewing window
- 12 cooking functions offer exceptional versatility
- 3 shade selections – light, medium, and dark
- 13-hour programmable delay bake for any-time baking
- 12 baking functions, including 58-minute
- Large LED display
- Touch-control panel
- Kneading blade and nonstick removable bread pan
- Included: Recipes, instruction manual
- Warranty: 1-year limited
1. Compact and Simple:
If you’re not looking for an elaborate, overpriced bread machine, you’ll have a special appreciation for the simplicity of this machine. The Sunbeam is small and compact, being able to fit on any countertop, even if you’re limited on space. The bread maker is also very easy to use; simply pour in the measured ingredients in the order of liquid to dry, snap in the baking pan and close the lid. The user-friendly control panel will guide you through the rest as you select one of the 12 cooking functions and three crust shads.
2. LED Display
The convenient LED display is easy to read and also keeps you abreast of how the bread is progressing. The selections are simple: select the cooking function, the size and the crust shade. The LED displays how much time is left to cook, if the crust shade is light, medium, or dark and if the loaf is 1-1/2-pounds or 2-pounds. This is great for those who toss in ingredients, set the delay bake, and want to know exactly where the cooking progress is later. Plus, the large viewing window makes it easy to see if the bread is rising correctly.
Many bread machines take hours to cook, with some taking a minimum of four hours. The Sunbeam is especially fast, however, keeping up with its simplistic nature. You can whip up delicious, flaky bread in as little as two hours. Get ideas from the handy recipe book that includes instructions for things like banana-pecan and chocolate-walnut zucchini bread. Or, use your own recipes using high-quality bread flour and other mix-ins. With 600-watts of power, you can expect that your pieces of bread will be up in no time, which is great for those days when you’re running behind.
At less than $100, especially if you find this product on sale, you can’t complain about the price on the Sunbeam. Other bread machines cost hundreds of dollars and have mixed reviews. Thankfully, the Sunbeam is cost-effective, has excellent reviews and performs just as well as the higher-priced machines on the market. It’s dutifully easy to use, so you won’t have to worry about feeling frustrated or wasting ingredients in the process. To make the most of your purchase, be sure to hand wash the parts and not use metal utensils. These will eat away at the nonstick coating and lead to damage over time.
This machine tends to over brown recipes, so it’s important that you take the necessary steps to prevent this from happening. First, many reviewers say that they use the light setting only, as the medium and dark settings leave behind dry, hard crust. In the beginning, it’s best to stick with the light settings and then experiment with the medium and dark crusts once you’ve mastered the machine. Second, you should be home when the loaf of bread is done cooking so that you can remove it from the machine without the bottom and sides over-browning. While this isn’t necessary with all machines, it is with the Sunbeam.
2. Instruction Manual
If you’ve never used a bread machine before, the included instruction manual won’t be much help. Many people recommend purchasing a bread-making manual with any new bread machine so that you’re well-informed on how to achieve the best results.
With the Sunbeam instructions, not only are they not clear cut, but the included instructions are actually for a different machine. While most of the features line up, the difference is that the manual was written for a pull-out bread pan, and the bread pan included with this Sunbeam model is a twist and lock.