Overview: Blenders help you create better meals, beverages, and snacks, so they are a must-have item for your food preparation area or kitchen. There are many different options when choosing a blender that can be tailored to your individual needs. While countertop blenders are the most widely used, newer immersion blenders can be used with any adequately sized container.
There are a number of factors you need to consider in order to buy the countertop blender of your dreams.
- Stans Tips Savings For Blenders [Today Deals]
- Top 3 Countertop Blenders You Should Consider in 2021
- 1. Vitamix Professional Series 750 with 64 oz container
- 2. Ninja Professional Blender BL660
- 3. Ninja Master Prep QB900B
- Other Considerations
The wattage is the sole factor that determines a blender’s power. The dominant models on the market range from 300 to 1000 watts and the natural reaction from consumers may think that the higher the wattage the better is the blender. This is not always true as some low wattage blenders can perform well. What really matter is the state of the mix users get from a blender, not its rated wattage.
Stans Tips Savings For Blenders [Today Deals]
So, if the blender has a high wattage, the machine is powerful but tends to be more expensive. On the other hand, if it has a relatively low wattage, you should focus on the end result. If the end result is good, then the low wattage model offers the same functionality for a lower price!
Top 3 Countertop Blenders You Should Consider in 2021
1. Vitamix Professional Series 750 with 64 oz container
- 2.2-peak-horsepower motor
- 2-piece Santoprene rubber lid with a removable plug for adding ingredients while the use
- Stainless Steel
- 5 pre-programmed settings
- 10 speeds and pulse button
- BPA free 64 oz. Co-Polyester Carafe
- Stainless Steel Blades
- Food contact zones are all BPA Free
- Excellent performance
- The high cost of ownership
- 7 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Learn more
2. Ninja Professional Blender BL660
- Affordable price
- 1100-Watt Motor
- 3 Speeds + Pulse
- Blender Pitcher Capacity – 72 oz. (9 cups)
- Cup Capacity – 16 oz. (2 cups)
- BPA Free
- Dishwasher Safe
- Good for ice crushing, blending, pureeing, and controlled processing
- Learn more
3. Ninja Master Prep QB900B
- Low cost (below $50) countertop blender that performs
- Interchangeable 400 Watt Power Pod
- Attachments – 4-blade and 6-blade set
- Chopper Bowl Capacity – 16 oz. (2 cups)
- Pitcher Capacity – 48 oz. (6 cups)
- BPA Free
- Dishwasher Safe
- Learn more
1. Is The Blender Doing A Good Job On Smoothies, Shakes, Etc.?
While the wattage can be of interest to some people, every consumer will be interested in knowing the end results. People use blenders mostly to prepare smoothies, protein shakes, etc. And the performance in this area will most likely be the deciding factor.
2. Is The Blender Good Enough To Chop Ice Cubes And Frozen Fruits?
Is the consistency good and smooth? Or does it leave the materials pulpy?
3. Is It Easy To Clean?
Although not directly related to the performance of the blender, the ease of cleaning is another decisive factor. If the feeding chute is large, it’s good. If the controls are touchpad type, they will be easy to clean. If the container is dishwasher-safe, it’s even better.
1. Are Controls Easy To Use And Clean?
More expensive blender models are usually fitted with touchpad controls which offer the biggest functionality and precision and are easiest to clean. However, if you prefer a model with simple controls like push buttons or dial knobs that offers ease of use and simplicity, you’ll pay much less.
2. How Many Speed Settings Are There?
Just like the controls, different blenders will have different speed settings. There are 3 to 16 speed settings. More speed settings (higher price tags too) offer a higher level of precision of the blender. Some models also come with auto settings for smoothies, shakes, etc. Do you really need that many settings?
1. Made Of Plastic, Glass Or Stainless Steel? What’s Your Preference?
The material used in the container is also an important factor. Plastic is the least desirable of all, but most of the time blenders with plastic containers are the cheapest. However, you should also know that plastic is prone to cracks and to keep the odor of the drinks made in it.
Stainless steel is a better option since it’s much sturdier than plastic and will prolong the life of the blender. However, it does not allow you to see what’s going on inside, so it may be a problem.
Glass is considered the best container type since it is also sturdy and very easy to clean. In addition, it allows you to see what’s going on inside in contrary to stainless steel containers. Plus, it’s a lot healthier and more environment-friendly than plastic.
2. Does The Container Have Clear Markings On? What’s The Container Capacity?
If the container has clear markings that tell you how much material is put inside, it will be a huge help. If the markings aren’t clearly readable or understandable, you will have to measure the materials using an external tool or just have to guess.
The container capacity can be anywhere between 4 to 8 cups. In most cases, the bigger the capacity, the better it is for the user.
1. Does It Have A Large Chute (Or Mouth)?
The width of the feeding chute is important for two reasons: First, it makes it possible to fit big fruits and vegetables inside the blender. And second, it makes it very easy to clean.
1. Does The Blender Produce Burnt Smells?
Some blenders produce a burnt smell which is clearly a bad thing. Sometimes burnt smells are caused by user errors like not properly seating the blender.
2. Does The Lid Seal Nicely?
If the lid doesn’t seal, the blender may pour the liquid onto the countertop, creating a mess. In most cases, you should not put more than a certain amount into the blender. Check the model specs to see if there is such data available.
3. Are There Any Special/Innovative Technologies Or Features Used In The Blender?
Some blenders will have special features that are not present in other models (like the ability to use the container as a juice bottle in travels, etc.) Nice features to have if there’s little or no impact on the price.