Survival Sleeping Bag Overview: A sleeping bag is one of the most important things that you need to pay special attention to when preparing your stuff for the survival adventure.
Whether you are going on camping, a bushcraft adventure, or you want to buy a sleeping bag for emergency situations, you need to know what to look for so that you can choose a decent quality product for yourself.
If you have never purchased a sleeping bag before, then this is the guide for you.
Here are the 5 most important things that you need to consider when choosing a sleeping bag
Savings For Survival Sleeping Bag [Today Deals]
- Versatile - The Go Time Gear Life Bivy Sack is a must-have in any survival...
- Ultra Durable - This reusable bivy bag isn’t just wind and waterproof....
- Escape The Elements - Need emergency shelter? Our survival bivy gives you...
- 【A Life Saver in Emergencies】: This Emergency Sleeping Bag is an...
- 【Durable Mylar】: The Mylar shell chases the chill out and provides...
- 【Ultra-bright Reflective Surface】: Trapped in the dark? Let this...
- 【MADE FOR EMERGENCIES】For its weight and thinness, these emergency...
- 【OUTDOOR ESSENTIALS】Just pull out of the stuff sack.Emergency sleeping...
- 【DURABLE AND REUSABLE MATERIAL】Package includes 2 pack emergency...
- TOUGHEST MYLAR SLEEPING BAG ON EARTH – Our tear-resistant, extra-thick...
- ENHANCE YOUR EXISTING SLEEPING BAG – Worried about unexpected cold or wet...
- BUILT-IN HEAD PROTECTION – Studies show you lose up to 10% of body heat...
- Extremely compact and lightweight
- Designed for 23 degree Fahrenheit (-5C) locations
- Outer top shell made from 210T Ripstop Nylon with a Teflon finish
1. Type of Sleeping Bag
Sleeping bags have three types based on the season they are recommended for use.
Summer – If the temperature of the place is 30oF or higher, then you should get the summer bags. You can use these bags in the middle of the year as June and July.
Winter – These bags feel like puffy cocoons and are meant to be used at the end and the beginning of the year when the weather is extremely cold. You should use these bags for temperatures below 20oF.
Three Season – If the temperature of the place is 20oF or above, then these bags are recommended.
2. Temperature Rating
Sleeping bags come with temperature rating specifications. You need to consider it before buying the bag because it is going to impact the comfort factor for you.
The temperature ratings include the Upper Limit, Comfort, and Lower Limit scales.
You need to consider the type of temperature that you want inside the bag and then choose a sleeping bag that meets your requirement. You can visit Bug Out Bill to learn more about the best sleeping bags that you can use for your survival adventure.
Sleeping bags come with either Down or Synthetic insulation.
Down insulation feels quite light, and it is efficient as well. Since it can be easily compressed, it won’t be hard for you to pack it up and carry it around.
The sleeping bags with synthetic insulation are made with fluffy polyester material. The material doesn’t absorb water which is great if the weather suddenly gets intense for you. Although the bags with synthetic fiber are quite bulkier compared with Down insulation bags.
You need to figure out your preference between the two insulations and choose what works the best for you as per the conditions that you are going in.
4. Bag Size
You need to make sure that you buy the right size bag. If possible, you should try out the bag first before buying it. This will help you see whether you feel comfortable in it or not.
The bags should be made in a way that makes them easier for you to move around in them. This is an important feature that you need to look for in a sleeping bag. You should try the closures for the bag as well to see if they work as advertised.
5. Zipper Quality
Sleeping bags come with either right or left zippers. Summers bags generally have full-length zippers which makes it easier for you to use them during the summer. These sleeping bags facilitate ventilation which is important during summer.
You should try out the zipper of the sleeping bag before finalizing your decision. You should make sure that it doesn’t snag and works perfectly because it is going to be the only opening for you.
The zipper should slide smoothly and doesn’t cause any kind of trouble when opening or closing it. If the zipper is hard to use, then it can be a massive problem for you during an emergency.
The type of sleeping bag that you buy is going to have a direct impact on your comfort level. So, you need to spend some time on it and figure out the features that you want in the bag to make the right choice.
We have talked about some important factors including the type, the temperature rating, and insulation features for a sleeping bag that you need to consider.
If you have any questions about sleeping bags or other bushcraft equipment, feel free to reach out to us.
Related Posts With Guides
- Is Pogis Pet Good Brand? Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags Introduced
- 5 Benefits Of Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags [Saving Inside]
- What Is Walk Up Camping And How Does It Work?