The laser tattoo removal process has become quite simple and relatively painless these days. Laser technology is one of the reasons why the process has gotten a whole lot easier.
But still, you need to be careful after getting your tattoos removed via a laser. You don’t want the part of your body where you got the tattoo removed to get affected in any way.
There are a lot of creams and ointments out there that you can apply to your tattoo area after the removal to speed up the healing process, without any side effects.
Our Savings For Skin Care Creams [DEALs]
- 5% TOPICAL LIDOCAINE CREAM MAXIMUM STRENGTH - This numbing gel cream...
- FAST-ACTING & LONG-LASTING - This lidocaine gel cream begins numbing in 3-5...
- EXTRA SOOTHING & HYDRATING FEATURES - Infused with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E,...
- Wrecking Balm Microdermabrasion Tattoo Fade System to help remove tattoos....
- Quick Results and pain free! Only need to use 3 minutes every other day to...
- Use the suffusion gel with the DemoMatic Erosion Brush head to help erase...
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIATOR: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) to...
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin....
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on...
- 【Tattoo Removal Cream】 The cream removes the pigment in the skin by...
- 【Long-lasting Skin Care】 Has natural ingredients, moisturize you skin...
- 【Removes Pigments From The Bottom! 】 No more scary laser tat removal!...
- Improves electrical transmission and helps the probe to better contact with...
- It is easy to use, just apply the gel to the surface of the skin in the...
- Use the gel with any beauty device and it will allow your device to glide...
4 Best Cream After Laser Tattoo Removal 2022
Let’s explore some of the best creams and ointments that you can use after laser treatment:
Once you get your tattoo removed, you need to keep the area clean and dry for faster recovery. You can apply Vaseline to keep the area moisturized to further speed up the healing process.
But you need to be careful when applying the Vaseline. Don’t overdo it because applying excessive Vaseline can trap the bacteria and can cause infections.
You can read this article to see what is the best laser to remove tattoos in 2022.
Aquaphor is often recommended as part of the tattoo aftercare routine. You can apply this ointment to the treated area with the help of a non-stick pad.
This ointment speeds up the healing and cuts the time down to 2 weeks. Like Vaseline, make sure that you don’t add a thick layer of Aquaphor, or it can also lead to an infection.
Hydrocortisone is one of the most commonly used ointments that help reduce inflammation after laser tattoo removal. You can read the best tattoo removal cream reviews to find the options that help remove tattoos.
This ointment also helps keep the treated area moisturized which is essential for faster recovery after laser tattoo removal. Make sure to use this ointment after consulting a professional.
4. Vitamin E Ointment
If you can’t get your hands on any of the above creams, you can try looking for a Vitamin E ointment. This ointment is going to serve the same purpose.
On top of keeping your skin moisturized, the Vitamin E ointment is going to help restore damaged skin cells. This is an additional benefit that you get which further reduces the skin recovery time after laser tattoo removal.
Read this article to see whether you can put lotion on a tattoo or not.
Additional Aftercare Tips
- Avoid Taking a Bath with High-Pressure Water
Avoid taking a bath in the beginning, right after getting the tattoo removed.
When taking a bath, make sure to gently wash the treated area. Avoid using high-pressure water because it can cause an infection.
- Drink Lots of Water
Keeping yourself hydrated is essential after getting a tattoo removed. You need to drink a lot of water to keep your immune system working to its maximum potential.
- Stop Smoking and Decrease Alcohol Consumption
Smoking and alcohol consumption can cause dehydration which can lead to various health issues after tattoo removal. Stop smoking until you fully recover and reduce the consumption of alcohol.
You can take alcohol in small amounts but that is only going to slow down the healing process. So, if possible, we recommend you stop drinking for a few weeks after laser tattoo removal.
- Exercise Regularly
You shouldn’t exercise right after getting the tattoo removed as it can damage your skin. Wait for a few days and then start working out again.
Once the skin starts scabbing over, you can start working out regularly. It is going to enhance the blood flow which helps speed up the recovery after tattoo removal. You can use a skin whitening cream once your skin heals to restore the brightness of your skin.
Laser tattoo removal aftercare requires you to pay special attention to the treated area so that your body gets the time to properly heal, without any kind of issues.
The creams, ointments, and other aftercare tips for laser tattoo removal that we have talked about here are going to help you on your road to recovery.
If you have any questions about laser tattoo removal, feel free to reach out to us.