Buying a Tube Amplifier Overview: The demand for tube amplifiers is just as much as it was before solid-state amplifiers were introduced. Although solid-state amps might be cheaper, professional musicians still tend to go for tube amplifiers as they offer warmer tones with a pure classic flair.
If you have decided on buying a tube amplifier, then you need to know some important things that you need to consider before making the purchase. In this article, we are going to share with you a few tips that you can use to make an informed decision when buying a tube amplifier.
So, without further ado, let’s get started and talk about some important things you need to keep in mind when buying a tube amplifier
Savings For Tube Amplifier [Today Deals]
- 4 VACUUM TUBES: The Pyle Vacuum Tube Hi-Fi Amplifier is perfect for your...
- 5 INPUTS: The digital amp box supports MP3 audio playback & other external...
- BLUETOOTH-COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated indoor house stereo...
- Factory add an Inductance transformer and Bipolar filter circuit to get the...
- Power output tube: 300B × 2 (Brand PSVANE)
- Power Transformers: new imported 0.35, stack thickness 60MM (114-60).
- Superior guitar tone and flexibility using this 15-Watt, 1x12 Guitar Combo...
- Features a 15-watt tube power amplifier and a Celestion brand speaker....
- Uses three ECC83/12AX7 preamplification tubes and two EL84 power tubes for...
- This amplifier can be used with KT88 or EL34 vacuum tube, and there is a...
- Pure hand-made, the whole machine is welded with scaffolding.
- Can be used as an Integrated amplifier, power amplifier or Headphone...
- Please pay attention before buying, We received feedback from many buyers,...
- Point to Point hand welding, preferred audiophiles, output transformer...
- Reisong A12 Amp is an upgraded version of A10, could use more replacement...
1. Type of Speaker
There are 2 basic types of speakers that you can find with amplifiers. These include the close-back and the open-back speakers.
The closed-back speakers have powerful low-end and are quite directional as well. If you prefer a heavier music experience, then you should get the amps with these speakers.
These are partially open-backed speakers and offer a room-filling kind of quality when it comes to sound performance.
2. Consider the Wattage
The wattage of a tube amplifier has nothing to do with its loudness. Still, you can get an idea about the loudness of a speaker by looking at the power that it packs.
You need to get an amplifier that has almost double the wattage that is your requirement. This provides you with a lot of headroom that you can utilize.
There are also some amplifiers out there that offer you switchable wattage. You can get those if you are looking for a more versatile performance.
3. Easy Controls
You need to buy a tube amplifier that has easy controls for equalization. You don’t want an amplifier that doesn’t offer you adjustability features and even if it offers, they are hard for you to understand.
Amplifiers such as Monoprice Amplifiers such as Monoprice 14-watt Tube Amp are an excellent choice in terms of controls. You can see what this review says to learn more about the easy control features of this amplifier. You can use it as a standard when judging the practicality of controls when using amplifiers.
Portability is another important feature that you need to consider when buying an amplifier. You don’t want an amplifier that packs a lot of power but is hard to move around.
If you love to play your guitar in different places, then you need to get an amplifier that you can take around with you easily.
Also, you can compromise on the sound quality when considering portability as well. So, you need to find that middle ground where you get both an awesome sound quality and ease portability with your tube amplifier.
5. Additional Features
Some amplifiers take things to the next level by offering additional features to the user. So, when looking for amplifiers you should also consider the additional features that they have to offer.
The additional features can include a built-in reverb, FX Loop, Gain Boost, etc. These are just some of the things that the amplifier might have to offer. You need to take into account the additional features that an amplifier has to offer before you finalize your purchase.
6. Easy Maintenance
Tube Amplifiers need to be maintained a lot if you want them to last for a long time. You might need to change the tubes and do other minor maintenance tasks.
So, you need an amplifier that is easy to maintain. For example, it should be easier for you to change the tubes of the amplifier and take care of other maintenances.
You should not have to go to a professional for amplifier maintenance every time you need it. You should be able to do it easily yourself.
Tube amplifiers can be quite expensive. So, you need to take your time when searching for a tube amplifier. We have talked about some useful tips here in this article that you can use to make the process of buying the best tube amplifier simpler for yourself.
Make sure to go over these points and if you have any questions about tube amplifiers, feel free to reach out to us.
Related Posts With Guides
- Lively Activity Sensors For Living Independently
- How To Choose The Best String Trimmer In 2021? [Buying Guide]