Frigidaire FAD704DWD Dehumidifier Overview
The appearance of the FAD704DWD dehumidifier is identical to the older model FAD704DUD. The only differences between them are some minor changes in the electrical specifications:
The Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture. It also helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult.
This dehumidifier is capable of continuous operation when the unit is located near a suitable drain. It features full-function electronic controls, an easily accessible collection container with level indicator, and a washable filter that reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles.
Its effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room. The SpaceWise portable design includes a top handle, integrated side handles and caster wheels making it easy to move your unit from room to room. Plus, you’ll save money with its Energy Star efficiency.
Savings For Dehumidifier [Today Deals]
|1||hOmeLabs 4,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier for...||$324.99 $259.97||Check Latest Price|
|2||Yaufey 1750 Sq. Ft Dehumidifiers for Home and...||$159.99||Check Latest Price|
|3||TECCPO 3000 Sq.Ft Dehumidifier, Powerful 30 Pint...||$179.97||Check Latest Price|
|4||Waykar 2000 Sq. Ft Dehumidifier for Home and...||$239.99 $165.99||Check Latest Price|
|5||Letsport Upgraded 68oz Dehumidifier for Home, Up...||$79.99||Check Latest Price|
Home Environment and Air Quality Improvement:
- Energy Star 70 pints per day dehumidifier for rooms up to 1400 sq. ft.
- Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture.
- SpaceWise design includes top handle, integrated side handles and caster wheels.
- Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult.
- Antibacterial mesh filter reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles.
- Continuous Draining Options:
- Continuous operation (gravity drain, no pump) is possible when unit is located near a suitable drain.
- Effortless™ full tank alert system with auto shut-off.
- 2 fan speeds for more flexibility.
- Front, pull-out 16.3 pint tank with handle and splash guard.
- Effortless™ humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room.
- Electronic Controls:
- Electronic controls with digital humidity readout.
- Low temperature operation saves energy and money.
- Extra long 6 feet three-prong power cord makes extension cords unnecessary.
The freestanding Frigidaire FAD704DWD 70-pint Dehumidifier is an Energy Star Compliant 70-pint per day dehumidifier capable of continuous operation when the unit is located near a suitable drain. It features full-function electronic controls, an easily accessible collection container with level indicator, and a washable filter that removes both moisture and airborne particulates. The integrated casters allow you to move the unit easily to wherever it’s needed.
1-year Full & 5-year Sealed System (the compressor, condenser, evaporator and tubing)
See Instruction manual for more details.
Its has two smaller (and cheaper) dehumidifiers which are both worth looking into:
- The Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier, same features & specs as FAD704DWD but has a lower dehumidification of 50 pints.
- This Frigidaire FAD301NWD Energy Star 30-Pint Dehumidifier, with 30 pints of dehumidification, and a mechanical control.
For full details of all 3 models, please refer to the comparison chart below.
Comparison – FAD704DWD, FAD504DWD & FAD301NWD:
|Dehumidification||70 pints/day||50 pints/day||30 pints/day|
|Dimensions Height / Width / Depth||24.65″/16.08″/11.32″||24.65″/16.08″/11.32″||19.8″/14.57″/11.54″|
|Estimated Cost of Ownership||$230||$200||$170|
|Buy from Amazon||Buy Frigidaire FAD704DWD||Buy Frigidaire FAD504DWD||Buy Frigidaire FAD301NWD|
|Voltage Rating||115V / 60Hz||115V / 60Hz||115V / 60Hz|
|Plug Type (NEMA)||LCDI, 5-15P||LCDI, 5-15P||LCDI, 5-15P|
|Power Cord Length||6 ft.||6 ft.||6 ft.|
|EEV (Liters per KW-Hour)||1.85||1.85||1.85|
|Relative Humidity Range||35-85%||35-85%||35-85%|
|Control Panel Location||Top Center||Top Center||Top Center|
|Filter Access||Bottom Slide-Out||Bottom Slide-Out||Bottom Slide-Out|
|Fan Speed (Fan)||2||2||1|
|Low Temp Operation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bucket Full Indication||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Digital Humidity Readout||Yes||Yes||No|
|Continuous Drain Operation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|24 Hour On/Off Timer||Yes||Yes||No|
|Anti-Bacterial Mesh Filter||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Safety Certification||UL/CUL (SA 11089)||UL/CUL (SA 11089)||UL/CUL (SA 11089)|
|Air CFM (High)||194||194||106|
|Container Capacity||16.3 pints||16.3 pints||12 pints|
|Product Weight||46 pounds||37 pounds||31 pounds|
|Shipping Weight (Approx.)||50 pounds||41 pounds||34 pounds|
|Warranty||1 Year Full/5 Year Sealed System||1 Year Full/5 Year Sealed System||1 Year Full/5 Year Sealed System|
Note: The *Aham* stands for “Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers”
Important Notes On Selecting A Location For Your Dehumidifier:
- Dehumidifier must be operated in an enclosed area to be most effective. Close all doors, windows, and other outside openings to the room. The effectiveness of the dehumidifier depends on the rate at which new moisture-laden air enters the room.
- Place dehumidifier in a location that does not restrict airflow through the front of the unit or out of the louvers on the left side of the cabinet.
- A dehumidifier operating in a basement will have little or no effect in drying an adjacent enclosed storage area, such as a closet unless there is adequate circulation of air in and out of the area. It may be necessary to install a second dehumidifier in the enclosed area for satisfactory drying.
- The dehumidifier must be installed on a level floor that will support it with a full bucket of water.
- There should be a minimum of 12 inches of clearance around the dehumidifier.
Ideal for home use or in basements, the Frigidaire FAD704DWD dehumidifier can remove up to 70 pints of excess moisture per day. This unit is designed to effectively operate even at low temperatures down to 41 °F. The water bucket is conveniently located in the front of the unit for easy access, while the carry handle and splash guard make emptying your bucket hassle-free.
The Effortless™ options allow you to continuously drain your dehumidifier when the unit is located near a suitable drain, so you don’t have to empty the water bucket. The Frigidaire FAD704DWD dehumidifier also carries a very affordable price tag. Overall, it’s one of the best dehumidifiers (if not the best) on the market today.