If you own a carpet in your home, you may have asked yourself a few times how to get stains out of the carpet. Like many today, you may have also Googled your way around removing stains. The stains typically make an appearance on holidays, family dinners, and at any other time.
Once you install a carpet in your home, you can expect yourself to be stocking carpet stain removers. But no matter how many bottles and solutions of carpet stain removal you have in your home if you don’t know how to use it or which solution is suitable for which carpet type, you will find it challenging to address the stain issues of your carpet.
Our Savings For Carpet Cleaners [Today Deals]
1. Getting rid of carpet stains
While chemical solutions work wonders in removing stains, before you go and grab one, remember that water should be your primary solution. Once you spot a stain, use a damp cloth towel to blot the stain. If this doesn’t work, you can then take that carpet stain remover or your do-it-yourself solution to take out the stain. Here are the typical steps on how to get stains out of the carpet.
2. Get rid of excess stains quickly
Use a spoon or butter knife to scrape the excess solid from your carpet. This will help you avoid turning that into a permanent stain.
Do You Know: How To Pick The Right Carpet Cleaner In 2021
Take a white absorbent cloth and blot the excess liquid from the outside going in. Don’t rub. Just blot the stain going to the center to keep it from spreading. Repeat the process until your white cloth no longer gets any color.
3. Use a carpet stain remover
If the water trick doesn’t work, you move on to using a carpet stain remover. Make sure that you read the instructions on how to apply the solution. There are other homemade combinations you can try as well, such as a vinegar solution, among other things.
Regardless of the solution, you’re using, make sure not to overspray the stain, as this can backfire. Let the solution sit for about ten minutes. Just don’t forget to test the solution to see if it will wash the color of the cloth.
4. Blot the stain away
Your next step is to finally blot away the stain from the outside going in. Use an absorbent cloth. Repeat the blotting process until the stain is completely removed. Remember to blot using cold water.
5. Removing typical carpet stains
There are different ways on how to remove carpet stains. While the tips mentioned above are the basic steps on stain removal, there is another way to eliminate them. The method you use will depend on the kind of stain you have.
- Wine stains – with wine or juice stain, you can start by spraying a club soda on the stained area and blot away the stain using a microfiber cloth.
- Candle wax stains – use ice cubes or ice packs and put them over the stain and let it sit until the wax hardens. When it’s hard enough, break the wax and vacuum the pieces. You can also use a dry-solvent carpet cleaning to remove the candle wax.
- Coffee stain/tea stain – For coffee and tea stain, create a mixture with 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with a tablespoon of dish soap. Spray the solution to the stain and let it sit for a minute before you work it in with your fingers. Let the solution settle before rinsing it with water and blotting it away.
- Fat-based stains such as butter, margarine, or gravy – Baking soda effectively cleans fatty stains. Put some baking soda on the stain and let it sit for about six hours. Vacuum the carpet and blot the stain. Damp the cloth with rubbing alcohol. You can also use dry-solvent spot cleaner if you want a faster result.
Your carpet adds to the overall atmosphere of your home. Even without stains, you still need to put a proper carpet cleaning maintenance system in place. You can do the carpet cleaning on your own, or you can hire the help of a professional carpet cleaner agency. You can even rent a carpet steam cleaner if you want.
Don’t wait for any mishaps to happen to your carpet before you clean it thoroughly. Ideally, you need to clean your carpet every twelve to eighteen months. Consistency is key, so be consistent with your carpet cleaning schedule and maintenance. You can visit this website https://superkleenservices.com/knoxville-tn-services/carpet-cleaning/ to learn more about carpet cleaning.