Concrete Patios although are more durable than asphalt patios can still get cracks with gradual wear and tear. You need to make sure that you take all the essential steps towards concrete patio maintenance if you want your concrete patios to maintain their longevity.
When things go out of hand and you see cracks in your concrete patios, you are going to need to hire the concrete contractors Albany NY to fix the concrete cracks.
And if you want to prevent that for as long as you can manage, then you need to know certain concrete patio maintenance tricks.
Instant Saving For Concrete Tools [DEALS]
- Premium Quality: The surface of the trowel board, made of magnesium and...
- Excellent Efficiency: This concrete bull float has a thickened trowel...
- Adjustable & Flexible: There is a bull float bracket to connect the handle...
- 【Providing Multiple Choices】Goldblatt 8 pieces mason tool set contains...
- 【Professional Grade】Every single mason’s tool is made of high quality...
- 【Ergonomic Handle】All the handles are designed for comfortable grip to...
- Product Type:Tools
- Item Package Dimensions:16.002 cm L X 16.002 cm W X 7.874 cm H
- Item Package Weight:0.949 lbs
- Head Material: Aluminum; Handle Material: Aluminum; Handle Length: 60"
- Mpn: CC456-01
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Manufacturer: Kraft Tool Co.
Let’s go over some important Stans Tips that you need to know to maintain your concrete patios
1. Keep The Concrete Patio Clean
Concrete Patios are subjected to gradual wear and tear because of certain environmental factors. Things like water and soil with high mineral contents speed up the process of wear and tear. So, to avoid that, it is recommended that you clean the concrete as soon as it gets dirty.
Important For You: How To Choose The Best Concrete Contractor In Your Area?
Don’t let the water or dirt sit on the concrete for too long or else, it is going to have a bad impact on the longevity of the concrete.
2. Use a Sealer
If you want to protect your concrete patio from early corrosion and want to maintain its shine, then you need to use a sealer for that. You need to use a sealer at least once every 2-3 years.
As a general rule, as soon as you notice the color of the concrete fading, apply a sealer to preserve its look. And the best part is, you can apply the sealer all by yourself.
You can also hire a professional concrete contractor for applying the sealer. You can go through these 6 Questions For Finding a Good Concrete Contractor to look for the best service in your area.
3. Use Rugs on the Patios
Concrete patios are quite durable, but they can get scratches if you place chairs and tables on them. If you don’t want that to happen, use rugs on the concrete surface.
It will protect your concrete surface from stains because of spills and will also protect the patio from getting scratches. It is a necessary precaution that can go a long way for you in terms of preserving your concrete patios.
4. Polish the Stamped Concrete Patio
If you want the concrete patio to look as good as new, you can polish or wax it along with applying a sealer. Polishing the concrete doesn’t just make it look more beautiful, it also increases the ability of the surface to deal with environmental effects.
Polishing the concrete is like adding a layer of protection to your concrete patio. This is one of the reasons why it is recommended.
5. Trim Plants Growing in the Concrete Patio Gaps
Plants that are grown in the gaps of the concrete in your patio end up affecting the grip of the concrete with the ground and cause the cracks to appear way sooner than they should.
So, you need to trim these plants at once before they become strong enough to compromise the integrity of the concrete. You can save a lot of money on concrete maintenance by trimming the plants affecting the durability of the concrete patio. You can use the Black Decker Hedgehog Hedge Trimmer for getting rid of the excessive plants affecting your concrete patio.
6. Don’t Use Destructive Chemicals on the Patio
You should only use the recommended sealers on the concrete patio. Some sealers are more destructive than they are useful. Make sure that you don’t use heavy chemicals on the concrete patio.
There are a lot of recommended sealers that you can check out. Avoid using things like deicing salts on the concrete patios if you want the concrete to maintain its shine for a long period of time.
If you feel like your concrete patio has lost all its aesthetics and durability, then it is probably time for you to redo everything. If you live in Albany New York, you are going to need to hire concrete slab contractors near Albany NYto take care of the new concrete patio installation.
Relevant Guides And Tips
- What Are Floor Graphics Used For? [2021 Complete Guide]
- How To Choose The Best Cordless Drill In 2021? [Buying Guide]
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Installing Outdoor Blinds for Your Home
- 6 Benefits of Hiring A Professional Home Builder Service [2021 Guide]