More and more people of both genders are choosing cosmetic surgery to enhance their looks with cosmetic procedures. This is even more common for those that are getting older and don’t like the effects that age has on their facial features or body.
Most people don’t like seeing sagging jowls, droopy eyelids, and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth. To enhance their appearance as they age, many women and men are turning to cosmetic surgery to make them look and feel better.
There are a wide variety of cosmetic procedures to choose from if you are looking to take years off your appearance.
Top Cosmetic Facial Procedures:
There are many different procedures that you can have performed on the face (and the body). Here are some of the top procedures most people have done, according to The MAYO Clinic:
- Botox injectables
- Cheek implants or lift
- Chemical peels
- Chin augmentation or reduction
- Dermabrasion or microdermabrasion
- Brow lifts
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Facial fillers for wrinkles
- Facial wrinkles
- Laser resurfacing
- Neck lift
- Otoplasty (ear surgery)
- Rhinoplasty (nose surgery)
- Skin problems (spider veins, scar reversal, acne and blemishes, tattoo removal)
There are many different reasons people get cosmetic surgery, but some of the surgeries can be very invasive so people need to be sure they want the surgery because you can’t go back after it’s done.
Why Do Most People Get Cosmetic Surgery?
Most people get cosmetic surgery so they look better and have more confidence in their everyday life. Others, such as entertainers, need to keep their appearance young and vibrant to score big roles in their business.
While most people only consider cosmetic surgery as a change in your outward appearance, it goes far deeper than that. Many people find they have not only more confidence but also more energy. They act younger as a result of looking younger.
According to Healthline.com, year after year there is an increase in cosmetic surgery. In 2018, 15.9 million people had minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures performed. These include procedures like dermabrasion and fillers like Botox and Juvéderm.
According to numerous physicians, including Beverly Hills surgeon Joel Aronowitz, MD, most patients undergo cosmetic surgery to feel better about themselves.
Those that have the best outcomes fit into this category:
- They have realistic expectations for the outcome.
- They understand the risks, and the physical effects that they will endure following the procedure.
- They either have very good health or have health issues under control.
- Are abstaining from smoking and using products with nicotine?
- Have a normal and steady weight for at least one year.
If you are considering cosmetic surgery, do your homework and have realistic expectations.