Overview: The full description of this item is Black and Decker LHT2220 20V Max Lithium Ion Cordless 22-Inch Hedge Trimmer, the new version of two older models – Black and Decker NHT2218 18-Volt NiCad Cordless 22-Inch Hedge Trimmer (will eventually be discontinued), and the very popular Black and Decker NHT518 18-Volt NiCad 22-Inch Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer (already discontinued by the manufacturer).
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
- Lithium 20v fast charger
- 30 MIN Fast Charge
The LHT2220 is light and easy to maneuver. If you have other 20V Max Lithium Ion tools (cordless drills, blowers, string trimmers, etc), all batteries are interchangeable to work with. It would be tough to find another Lithium-Ion powered hedge trimmer in the 20V range with 22″ blade lengths that are priced under $100. I would recommend this product.
On a side note, if you have a lot of hedges to trim, a second battery is a must. You may even consider getting a rapid charger to cut down the ridiculously long charging time with the included charger. I recommend, if I may, Black & Decker L2ACF-OPE 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Fast Charger, which costs about $40, fully charges 20v MAX in 30 minutes.
Black and Decker LHT2220 Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review
The Black and Decker 20-volt MAX Lithium 22-inch cordless hedge trimmer is full of features that not only make it comfortable and easy to use for big jobs, but also make it agile and precise enough to get professional-looking results.
Savings For Hedge Trimmers [Today Deals]
- VERSATILE: Best used for small gardens, hedge grooming and areas your mower...
- 2 TOOLS IN 1: Convert from grass shear to hedger quickly and easily. Blade...
- BATTERY LIFE: Rechargeable, 7.2 V lithium-ion battery for hassle-free,...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CORDLESS HEDGE TRIMMER - Powerful 20V MAX Powerconnect...
- DUAL-ACTION BLADE - Hardened steel dual-action blade for reduced vibration...
- SOFT TOUCH GRIP- Lightweight and easy to maneuver with ergonomic wraparound...
- Powerful high output motor of the cordless hedge trimmer is designed for...
- The battery powered hedge trimmer has 22-inch laser cut, hooked-tooth blade...
- Trimmers for plants have high capacity 5.0Ah Lithium Ion battery
- The electric edge trimmer features 17-inch dual-action hardened steel blade...
- 3.2 amp motor for trimming branches up to 5/8 inch
- Lightweight, compact design of the trimmers for plants is easy to use with...
Featuring a full wrap-around front handle, the LHT2220 gives you a cushioned gripping area in all cutting orientations so you can carve precise edges high or low, remove deep growth, and precisely shape hedges and brush with ease. It cuts branches up to 3/4-inch in diameter, so even large shrubbery and overgrown landscapes are no problem.
- 22-inch dual-action blades cut branches with minimal vibration.
- Cutting strokes per minute: 2400.
- 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery reduces overall weight and provides longer battery life.
- Max cutting capacity: 3/4 inch.
- Wraparound handle allows multiple gripping positions.
- Weighs 5.7 pounds.
- Energy Star rated.
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
- Included: LHT2220 20-volt MAX lithium-ion cordless hedge trimmer, LBXR20 battery, LCS20 battery charger, and operating instructions.
Comparison: Black and Decker LHT2220, NHT2218 & NHT518
|Blades||22-inch dual-action||22-inch dual-action||22-inch dual-action|
|Battery Type||20-volt MAX Lithium-Ion||18-volt NiCad||18-volt NiCad|
|Battery Run-time||About 30 minutes||Up to 30 minutes||Up to 30 minutes|
|Max cutting capacity||3/4 inch||3/4 inch||3/4 inch|
|Cutting Strokes per Minute||2,400||2,400||2,400|
|Weight||5.7 pounds||6.7 pounds||6.4 pounds|
|Warranty||2-year limited warranty||2-year limited warranty||2-year limited warranty|
|Estimated Cost of Ownership||$90||$70||Discontinued|
|Buy from Amazon||Buy Black & Decker LHT2220||Buy Black & Decker NHT2218||Discontinued|
Overall, the Black and Decker LHT2220 is a good quality hedge trimmer. The Lithium-Ion battery definitely offers a longer lifespan and retains its charge many times longer than NiCad batteries. Lithium-Ion batteries are more environment-friendly since they contain no toxic metals (others contain lead and cadmium), and they are generally categorized as non-hazardous waste.