Baby blankets are an essential item that every baby needs. Whether you want to buy a blanket for your baby or you are looking to give it as a gift at a baby shower, you need to know how to choose the right blanket.
Baby blankets come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and materials. You need to know about all these things if you want to make the right choice.
Now, the search for the best baby blanket might come off as a bit overwhelming but don’t worry about it. We are going to share with you a few essential tips that are going to help you how to choose the right baby blanket today.
Stans Tips Savings for Baby Blanket [DEALs]
- Burt's Bees Baby - Reversible Jersey Blanket
- Measures 30" W x 40" L
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable jersey shell, with 100% polyester...
- Skin Friendly High Quality fabric: Our baby blankets are made of...
- Suitable Size for Various Scenes: 30*40 inches can last well to the age of...
- Multifunctional Baby Blanket: The light weight of the blanket can keep the...
- Infant Blanket 30"x40",Lovely design and dotted plush fabric backing
- Super soft,warm and comfortable for the delicate skin of your baby
- Roll up the packaging with satin trim
- ❤️ MATERIAL: Soft lightweight fuzzy warm fluffy cozy and plush flannel...
- ❤️ SIZE: 30''X40'' Portable for various purposes and places: car,...
- ❤️ GIFT PACK: Great gift for newborn baby girls / infants / toddlers /...
- 【Soft Silky】 The Bamboo fabric, the best fabric for babies, is up to 3...
- 【Baby Sleep Better】Size 47" X 47'' (120 x 120 cm), large enough to...
- 【Versatile Use】Baby blanket can also be used as receiving blanket,...
How to Choose the Right Baby Blanket? Here Are 6 Tips
Here are the tips that you need to consider when choosing a baby blanket
1. Choose a Skin-Friendly Material
You need to choose a baby blanket that is made with skin-friendly materials. You should stay away from the ones made with synthetic or satin fabrics because they are neither warm nor skin-friendly.
We recommend going for baby blankets that are made with cotton materials. And especially, the Muslin Baby Swaddle Blankets For Newborn Boy/Girl are highly recommended. Choose a blanket that has at least one cotton layer.
Study the different materials available for baby blankets and if you don’t want to do h research, just buy the ones made with organic cotton.
2. Don’t Buy Blankets with Too Much Fur
It is a huge mistake to buy a baby blanket that is made with a lot of furs. The fur on these blankets can come out and get into the eyes, nostrils, or mouth of the baby.
A little bit of fur is fine. But don’t buy the one that contains a lot of furs if you don’t want to compromise on the safety of your baby. It is true that blankets with fur feel cozy, but they are a health hazard for babies.
3. Choose a Breathable Material
Don’t buy baby blankets that are made with heavy materials. Always go for breathable ones that your baby can easily handle.
Breathable materials are generally lightweight, and babies can easily move around them. If blanket is made with bulky material, your child is going to have a hard time moving around in it. And it can even create issues like suffocation if the kid accidentally pulls the blanket over their head.
4. Make Sure to Choose the Right Size
You need to consider your usage requirement when choosing the size for the blanket. If you want to completely wrap your baby, then you’d need to get a large blanket.
If you just want to put your baby in the blanket during the night, then buying a small or medium one would also work fine for you. The bottom line is your use requirement is going to determine the kind of blanket that you buy.
5. Buy a High-Quality Blanket That Lasts
Just like with most products, you can buy baby blankets of various qualities. While it may seem tempting to go for the ones that are cheaper in terms of price, we suggest you don’t compromise on the quality of the blanket.
Always make sure to buy high-quality ones that offer you long-lasting performance. Also, good-quality blankets would be easier to wash as well.
6. Prefer Safety Over Style
Your baby is going to play around a lot in the blanket. So, you don’t want to buy the one that has fringes, ribbons, or tassels.
You need to choose a baby blanket that is completely safe for your baby. Don’t buy the one that has little addons of any kind that the baby can grab on or get stuck in like the blankets that have patterns with holes crocheted on them.
This is it! These are the most important factors that you need to consider when buying baby blankets. All these tips sound simple enough, but you need to take your time and go over all of them when choosing a baby blanket.
So, make sure to keep in mind all these factors that we have described here for choosing the best baby blanket.
Relevant Tips And Guides
- How To Choose Right Family Camping Tent In 2021? [Guide]
- Buying Guide For Choosing An Immersion Blender In 2021
- How To Improve Your Coffee Making Experience? TOP 6 Tips
- How to Make Paratha? [Ultimate Guide]
- How to Boil Water When Camping? [4 Different Hacks]