Do you know? How to Make a Camping Tent from Scratch? Making a camp from scratch is an essential skill that you need to learn if you want to experience the true thrill and joy of camping. Of course, you can always get the easy to set up tents, but there are many cases where you might need to make a tent from scratch.
- STAY DRY: Waterproof rainfly with a 360-degree ventilation system for...
- ROOM WITH A VIEW: Get away from the city lights and enjoy a full view of...
- EASY TO SET UP: Lightweight tent packs down tight for backpacking, hiking...
For example, if you forgot to take your tent with you or you need to camp because of unforeseen circumstances, you need to learn to set up a DIY tent so that you can create a safe place to stay for yourself. So, how do you make a tent in the forest?
In this article, we are going to share with you the complete guide to make a tent for your camping trip.
How Do You Make a Camping Tent from Scratch?
Before we get into the actual process for setting up a tent from scratch, let’s talk about some of the essential items that you need to have to facilitate the camp setup process.
Instant Saving For Tent Tools [DEALs]
- Four 10-in. steel tent pegs with flat striking head to secure your tent
- Rubber mallet to comfortably secure stakes in the ground
- Nesting hand broom and dustpan to help keep dirt and debris off tent floor
- HEAVY DUTY TENT STAKE DRIVER: Max Speed 6000 Rpm, Impact Rate: 1100-1800...
- CONVENIENT ANCHORING TOOL MATERIAL: Reduce the effort of using heavy...
- EFFICIENT TOOL: Our post drivers can easily be one of the most efficient...
- Easily screw in spiral tent stakes (Does Not Come With Drill Or Stakes) For...
- Solid Steel for a lifetime of use ~Non Slip 7/16" Hex Arbor works with all...
- Use closed box or T slot for more control. Use open box slot for larger...
- Set Includes: Pliers, Cutters, Nut Drivers, Screwdrivers, T Handles, Knife,...
- Individually tested to 10,000 volts AC and rated to 1,000 volts AC for...
- SoftFinish cushion grip handle for comfort and control
- Provides good cutting speed and long blade life in abrasive materials
- Design for reduced chipping and quieter operation
- Fast cutting speed and long life
Prerequisites: What Materials Do You Need to Make a Tent?
Here are some essential things that you need to get to make a tent from scratch
- Waterproof Tarp sheets
- Poles for setting up the tent
Most Important Read: How To Choose Right Family Camping Tent In 2021? [Guide]
Here is the complete process that you can use for building a camping tent
Step 1: Find and Prepare the Camping Spot
The choice of the camping spot is a crucial part of the process. You need to find a flat surface that doesn’t have any kind of bumps. Find the perfect place where you can easily rest your back when laying down.
Remove any kinds of leaves, stones, heavy rocks, and twigs from the surface. Also, make sure that the surface is slightly damp so that you can easily place the central post of the tent. You should also get a sleeping bag for a safer sleeping experience at night.
Step 2: Set up the Tarp
You need to place the tarp on the flat surface. After that, you need to make small holes that you are going to use to attach the tarp to the posts. You need to make holes on each of the corners of the tarp for all sides of the tent. This is where you are going to tie the rope later on.
Step 3: Secure the Tarp
This is one of the most important parts of the process and is going to determine the shape of the tent. You need to stretch the tarp from all its corners in a way that all the corners lie diagonally from one another. You can use a stick to place the tarp into the ground so that it doesn’t get messed up when you are working with other corners.
Step 4: Building the Walls
Now, you need to drive the corner holes of the tarp into the ground using a heavy object like a stone. If you have a hammer, you can put more force into the posts to make the walls even stronger. Drive the poles of the tent through the holes and keep at it till you are certain that the walls are all set up.
Step 5: Strongly Tie the Knots
The last step requires tying the knots. It is important for building the tent and also for securing the tent. You need to secure each corner of the tarp over the rope. Tie the knots strongly to strongly tie the corners of the tarp to the poles. You can also place heavy rocks at each corner of the tent to make it more sturdy. Don’t place the rope too high.
Diy Camping Tent FAQs
How Do You Make a Tent Without a Tent?
Can I Make My Tent?
How Do You Make a Homemade Tent?
How Do You Make a Canvas Tent?
Related Camping Tents Review & Guides
- Coleman Evanston 8 Screened Tent [Legit Review]
- Eureka Titan 8 Person Tent Review [Quick-start Guide]
- Glossary of Tent Terminology [A Review In 2021]
- Coleman Instant Tents 4 6 And 8 Persons [A Review]
- Eureka Copper Canyon 6 Tent Review [2021 Updated]
- Kodiak Canvas Flex Bow Deluxe 8 Person Canvas Tent Review